Follow these steps to thoroughly remove malicious software from your personal computer. Note that “malicious software” is all inclusive and includes viruses, spyware, adware, worms, trojans, etc.
1. Download Malwarebytes from malwarebytes.org
2. Install and update the software
3. Reboot your computer and press F8 before the operating system (OS) starts to load
4. Select “Safe Mode” from the list of boot options
5. Start Malwarebytes and run a full system scan
6. Delete the malicious software that Malwarebytes finds