Follow these steps to turn on your iPhones “Find My iPhone” feature:
Note that you must have an Apple ID account to use this feature. Your Apple ID is the e-mail address associated with your Apple ID account.
Use the following instructions for iOS 7+:
1. Go to “Settings”
2. Select “iCloud”
3. Toggle the switch next to “Find My iPhone” to the “ON” position (color changes to green)
Now follow these instructions to locate your iPhone:
1. Go to the iCloud website (www.icloud.com or click here)
2. Sign in with your Apple ID and password
3. Click on “Find My iPhone”
Click on the map marker, and then click on the “i” to play an audible tone on your lost iPhone, turn on “Lost Mode*,” or delete the iPhones data.
* Note that “Lost Mode” allows you to remotely lock your phone and display a message on your iPhone.