Applies to Windows XP Professional and Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate
If you are not using Active Directory to manage Group Policy, and a member of the local Power User group needs to complete a task that only members of the Administrator group can perform, this information comes in handy.
Follow these steps to modify the computer’s local Group Policy:
1. Hold the Windows Key and press R
2. Start the Local Users and Groups Manager by typing lusrmgr.msc in the Run command window
3. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options (or locate the required settings)
4. Look for the permission that you would like to assign to the local Power User group
5. Change from “Administrator” to “Administrators and Power Users”